Uncategorized on May 9, 2011 by Jennifer Griffin
Uncategorized on May 5, 2011 by Jennifer Griffin
1. Learn to use a new application by reading guides AND engaging in “trial and error”.
2. Splice music into an audio track: learn fade in, fade out, repeat, cut, copy and paste on a sound editing program.
An overview: 1. You are going to download TWO mp3 tracks from the links here. One is the story of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter. The second is a guitar version of “Dance of the sugar plum fairies” from the Nutcracker. Your job is to select, copy and paste short sections, 4 to 10 seconds long, of music from the Sugar Plum Fairy music into the Peter Rabbit Story to make it a better story to listen to.
2 Open Audacity, it is found on the Menu Applications>Sound and Video>Audacity.
3 From the Audacity Menu go to File>Open and open the Peter rabbit Story and the Sugar Plum Fairy music from the Downloads folder. You will see two Audacity windows open.
4 From the Audacity menu go to View>Normal View so the tracks are at the same size
5 Look at the buttons and get familiar with them, ask me or a buddy, get to know which one is play, stop, record. Check out the Audacity guide pages here.
6 Your job is to copy and paste music FROM the Sugar Plum Fairy track to the Peter Rabbit Story between pauses or at different dramatic points in the story to make it something better to listen to. You will be selecting parts of a track using Copy, Paste from the File menu, Undo from the Edit menu and Fade in, Fade Out, Repeat from the Effects menu.
Make sure to save your project with your name often so you do not lose your hard work by acident.
Uncategorized on April 28, 2011 by Jennifer Griffin
*Summarize information (audio source)*
*Use strategies to find acurate information from the web
1. Download this worksheet by clicking here, open it, then minimize it so it is ready.
2. Follow the directions on the worksheet for activity two. You are going to research and write a paragraph on Marie Antoinette. My goal for you today: RESEARCH WITH MORE FOCUS ON WHAT WAS IMPORTANT ABOUT HER.
Uncategorized on April 14, 2011 by Jennifer Griffin
Uncategorized on April 8, 2011 by Jennifer Griffin
*Recall simple presentation skills
*Recall simple spreadsheet skills.
2. Put these words that appear below, small, on the slide. You do that by inserting a text box first. Then copy the words here and paste them into a text box on your presentation.
Question: When did the Black Death occur in Europe?
Answer:1347 to 1353 with some places experiencing the disease until the 1360s.
3. Download the image from this blog entry above. You do that by clicking on the image above, then right clicking on it and selecting “save image as”. Once it is saved, insert it into your presentation slide.
4. Make the words and image large enough to see clearly, and change the background and font colors to make the slide readable and easy to look at.
1. Construct a spreadsheet following these directions you can download here.
Do you remember how to open a new spreadsheet in Open Office? Click Applications>Office Open Office .org Spreadsheet. Once you have opened a new spreadsheet follow directions on the guide given.
2. Show it to Mr. Litt to check off when you are done.
Uncategorized on March 31, 2011 by Jennifer Griffin
1. Get the paper copy of the guided search sheet. Your subject today is SAINT CLARE a medieval European figure. Write a paragraph on WHO she was and WHAT WAS HER IMPORTANCE. Use the whole sheet, fill in all the “DO” sections.
When you are done, you may do homework or typing games.
Uncategorized on March 28, 2011 by Jennifer Griffin